Call for Expression of Interest (EoI) “Horizon Europe Travel Grants”
We would like to inform you that a Call for Expression of Interest (EoI), entitled “Horizon Europe Travel Grants”, has been announced by the Research and Innovation Foundation (RIF).
The Call covers the participation costs of individuals from organizations in Cyprus in Networking Events (Brokerage Events) abroad, with the purpose of finding partners and collaborating with them for submitting together proposals in the context of “Horizon Europe” Program.
Eligible costs of the travelling abroad include:
• A return airline economy class ticket for travel to the destination city.
• The actual cost of transportation from the accommodation venue to the airport and back (taxi, train etc.). It is noted that the cost for car rental is not an eligible expense.
• Use of private vehicle for transportation from and to the airport in Cyprus
• Accommodation with a maximum of 60% of the daily allowance as determined by the “Daily Subsistence Allowance Rate” Table for Travelling Abroad which is uploaded on the RIF’s IRIS Portal
• Daily allowance of 40% of the daily living allowance approved for the city so as to cover cost of food and other personal expenses for the days of the meeting/conference.
• For travel days from and to a destination irrespective of its duration, times of arrival/departure or any stopovers, a lump sum allowance is paid, which corresponds to 2.5 allowances for meal/dinner and other personal expenses.
• It is noted that if the actual cost of the Organization for a trip is lower than the highest permissible (as resulting from the above calculations), then the amount that corresponds to the actual cost will be considered the eligible expense.
The total budget of the new Call amounts to €100,000 with a maximum funding per participation of €1,000.
Eligible for participation are persons in organizations such as universities, research organizations, businesses, Non-Governmental Organizations and public services, who are legally established and operate in areas controlled by the Republic of Cyprus. It should be noted that each Organization will be funded for the participation of one (1) employee per Event.
The submission of expression of interest is made online through IRIS platform of the RIF, no later than three weeks before the start date of the respective event and in any case, before the deadline for submitting EoI mentioned below.
Deadline for submitting Expressions of Interest: 31 May 2024 at 13:00.
Applications will be examined on a first-come-first-served basis and according to the date of submission of the Application Form, and until the total requested funding of approved EoI, equals the total Call for Expression of interest budget.
Considering that the funding to the beneficiaries will be provided on the basis of the DeMinimis Aid Regulation (EU Regulation 1407/2013), at the application stage the De Minimis Declaration will be requested to be submitted, together with the Single Undertaking Declaration, in order to ensure that the maximum limit is not exceeded.
For more information, those interested can contact the IdEK at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 22205000.