EU Support Tools for SMEs
Several EU support tools are accessible to assist Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) in locating funding, obtaining information and guidance, accessing training and partnerships, or seeking help and advice. The effective functioning of these tools relies on the involvement of member organizations known for their excellence in providing business support.
Two of these tools are provided by the Cyprus Chamber of Commerce and Industry, which actively participates in both European tool programs. It serves as a coordinator for EEN Cyprus and a partner in EDIH.
- Enterprise Europe Network (EEN Network): helping SMEs innovate and grow internationally by providing advisory services and bringing innovative ideas to commercial successes, as well as connecting SMEs with international business partners.
- European Digital Innovation Hubs Network (EDIH network): helping local companies and public organisations improve their business using digital technologies, though personalised such as testing before investing, training and skills development, support to find investments, networking and access to innovation ecosystems.
|Enterprise Europe Network
It is a Network of one-stop shops where local companies can turn to for advice and benefit from a wide range of free supporting services.
It was set up by the European Commission in 2008 to help in the implementation of the Lisbon Strategy, targeting to transform Europe into the most competitive and dynamic knowledge-based economy in the world, able to grow economically while creating improved jobs and stronger social cohesion.
Network's mission is to:
• boost Innovation in businesses,
• embrace digital technology
• adopt more sustainable business model
• find the right international partners to grow and expand abroad and
• Build companies’ resilience in order to face the different challenges, i.e. high energy cost, limited access to cash for financial growth, lack of collateral, Lack of skilled labour etc
• and in general, to help businesses become more competitive in the market
If you want to learn more, you can visit the website of the EEN- Cyprus HERE.
Moreover you can complete the online Needs Assessment Questionnaire, and EEN advisors will contact you for further assistance.
|Digital Innovation Hub Cyprus
DiGiNN is a one-stop-shop for all companies and public sector organisations, providing them an end-to-end experience in their digitisation journey; from coaching and mentoring by reputable experts, access to the most advanced infrastructure and facilities, support to find investments, to networking and access to innovation ecosystems. To achieve this, we gather the local champions in digital technologies, including all relevant Centres of Excellence, and partner them with both National industrial representation bodies and sectoral associations, establishing the direct interface between state-of-the-art offer and broad demand. Blending in are the most active incubators, whose mission is to nurture innovative start-ups in the early stages of commercialisation and support them in terms of upskilling, networking and accessing funds for further development.