Services offered by the Department of Industrial Development, Innovation & Environment
The role and functions of the Department of Industry include:
- Represent, support and promote the industry sector.
- Formulates and promotes specific opinions as well as making interventions towards competent authorities for the benefit of its members.
- Observes the latest developments in the field of industry and tries to minimise their disadvantages.
- Systematically informs its members about developments in legislation and business issues.
- Provides information and counselling services to its member companies.
- Cooperates with European and International organisations in order to promote the interests of Cypriot companies.
- Promotes research and innovation activities/issues and helps Cypriot companies to adopt them.
- Helps small and medium size enterprises (SMEs) to meet the requirements of today’s competitive environment.
- Issuing Certificates of Origin