Offshore Wind Energy In Cyprus And The Eastern Mediterranean – 13 & 14 February 2024, Limassol
The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Nicosia and the Cyprus Germany Business Association (CGBA) are jointly organizing the international symposium
Offshore Wind Energy in Cyprus and the Eastern Mediterranean – Opportunities for Strategic Energy Cooperation with Germany
on February 13 and 14, 2024, in Limassol.
Attendance to this highly focused symposium is by invitation only.
The World Forum Offshore Wind e.V. (WFO), headquartered in Hamburg, is supporting the Embassy and the CGBA in planning and organizing the symposium.
The Federal President of the Federal Republic of Germany, His Excellency Dr. Frank-Walter Steinmeier, who will be on a state visit to Cyprus at the same time, has kindly agreed to open the symposium on February 13, 2024, and to attend the first half day of symposium.
Panel discussion between the Federal President of the Federal Republic of Germany:
His Excellency Dr. Frank-Walter Steinmeier, and the President of the Republic of Cyprus, His Excellency Mr. Nikos Christodoulides, with media representatives and sponsors, will discuss general aspects relating to the energy transition and offshore wind energy.
The symposium is intended to:
- significantly intensify the public discourse on the production of offshore wind energy and the potential of this energy source in Cyprus and other countries bordering the Eastern Mediterranean;
- contribute to advising policy and energy decision makers in Cyprus and the Eastern Mediterranean region on the potential of offshore wind energy generation in the light of the marine geography of Cyprus and the Eastern Mediterranean by bringing together expertise from Germany with policy and energy decision makers in Cyprus and the Eastern Mediterranean region in an event format in which media and academia can participate;
- serve to position Germany as a strategic partner of Cyprus – especially on the economic and entrepreneurial side – on the path to the production of offshore wind energy;
- initiate feasibility studies of offshore wind energy installations around Cyprus and other countries bordering the Eastern Mediterranean and share global best practices;
- expand the options of the Government of the Republic of Cyprus on medium and long-term energy strategy with the inclusion of offshore wind energy production;
- transition to a follow-up process for consultations on a Memorandum of Understanding on bilateral cooperation and promotion in the production of offshore wind energy.
The symposium will be honoured by high-rank speakers from the German wind energy industry, high-rank ministerial representatives from Cyprus and from Germany academic experts from Cyprus and Germany, and the chairmen of the regulatory energy bodies from Greece, Egypt and Israel.
Potential sponsors are welcome to support this highly prestigious symposium at highest political level.
For any enquiries, please contact us at any time:
- Maria Christodoulou, CGBA Community Manager: +357 96 994194, email@example.com
- Stefan Nolte, CGBA President: +357 97 609 542, firstname.lastname@example.org