Public Consultation on the Energy Storage Facilities Support Plan
We would like to inform you that the Ministry of Energy, Commerce, and Industry, as part of the preparation for the Energy Storage Facilities Support Plan in conjunction with Renewable Energy Projects (hybrid installations), is conducting a Public Consultation with the following objectives:
- Collecting suggestions and proposals for the formation and implementation framework of the Support Plan.
- Better preparation and information of the investors participating in the Plan.
The main objectives of the Plan are:
- Achieving the energy and/or environmental targets set by the Republic of Cyprus.
- Reducing electricity generation costs.
- Decreasing energy curtailment from Renewable Sources, taking into account the need to incorporate more Renewable Energy projects.
- Reducing carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions.
- Enhancing electricity sufficiency and the country’s energy supply.
This is a highly significant development regarding the full utilization of energy production from renewable energy sources, so please pay special attention. The first phase of the Public Consultation will last until 26/07/2023.
Find the relevant announcement of the Ministry of Energy, Commerce, and Industry, as well as general information/documents (in Greek) by clicking here.